Is it ever going to end? Yes, I’m talking about the winter that refuses to go away. I feel like I haven’t seen the blue sky for ages and, frankly, I’m a little tired of seeing snow on the ground. Frankly, it’s been a little difficult for the girls and I on our days off. During the warmer months, we spend most of our time outside, going to the park, swimming in the pool, or just playing games in our yard. Now it takes nearly a half an hour to get all of our layers on and get out the door – and it’s only a few minutes before the girls are frozen and want to come back inside.
So what have we been up to? Lots and lots of crafts. Our supply closet has grown by leaps and bounds this winter, so I’ve decided to share one idea with you below. These arts & craft hours have been great for me, too. With the girls entertained, I have a few minutes to make hot tea, do some sit-ups while wearing my Tummy Tuck Belt, or start prepping dinner. Try out the craft below and let me know what you think!
Penguin Pal Craft
- One piece each of orange, black and white construction paper
- One pair of large googly eyes
- Child-safe scissors
- Cut a large oval out of the black paper, this will be the penguin’s body.
- Cut a skinny heart out of the white paper, for the penguin’s tummy.
- Cut three small hearts out of the orange paper – one will be for the penguin’s beak and two will be for the feet.
- Glue the hearts onto the penguin’s body. The white heart should be in the middle of the oval and two orange hearts should be at the very bottom of the oval. Glue the last orange heart in the middle of the white heart and add the googly eyes.